Shroom to Improve Lion’s Mane medicinal mushroom has a sweet, savory flavor which makes it the perfect morning boost and will complement your coffee perfectly. Simply mix your shrooms into your coffee shot (vigorously), then add hot, frothed milk of your choice.
But never fear, if you’re not into caffeine, try something like Jamie Oliver’s awesome granola dust with nuts, seeds, oats, fruit and of course a serving of shroom.
Awesome granola dust
- 1 kg porridge oats
- 250 g unsalted mixed nuts , such as walnuts, Brazils, hazelnuts, pecans, pistachios, cashews
- 100 g mixed seeds , such as chia, poppy, sunflower, sesame, linseed, pumpkin
- 250 g mixed dried fruit , such as blueberries, cranberries, sour cherries, mango, apricots, figs, sultanas
- 3 tablespoons quality cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground coffee
- 1 large orange
- 1 Serving of Shroom to Improve Lion’s Mane mushrooms
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4.
- Place the oats, nuts and seeds in your largest roasting tray. Toss together and roast for 15 minutes, stirring halfway.
- Stir the dried fruit, cocoa and coffee into the mix, finely grate over the orange zest, then, in batches, simply blitz to a rough powder in a food processor, tipping it into a large airtight jar as you go for safekeeping.
- To serve, you can have loads of fun – the simplest way is 50g of granola dust per person, 1 serving of Shroom to Improve Lion’s Mane mushroom, either with cold cow’s, goat’s, soya, nut or oat milk or 2 tablespoons of natural yoghurt, and a handful of fresh fruit (80g is one of our 5-a-day). You can make porridge using 50g of granola dust to 200ml of milk, then top with fresh fruit, and this ratio also works for a smoothie – I like to chuck 1 ripe banana and 1 handful of frozen raspberries into the mix too. It’s even a great base for pancakes – simply beat 2 heaped tablespoons of granola dust with 1 heaped tablespoon of wholemeal self-raising flour, 1 mashed banana and 1 large free-range egg, then cook as normal. And in winter, try a hot drink – heat 25g of granola dust with 200ml of your favourite milk to your desired consistency.