Turn Tremella medicinal mushroom into a decadent daily ritual. With it’s mild, almost sweet taste, this is a perfect ingredient to defeat the dreaded 3.00 pm cravings. Treat your skin and your taste buds with a Tremella mushroom smoothie or try one of Jamie Oliver’s tasty energy balls with date, cocoa, and pumpkin seed.
Jamie’s energy balls
- 70g pumpkin seeds
- 20g puffed brown rice or puffed quinoa
- 50g whole almonds
- 80g Medjool dates
- 1cm piece of fresh turmeric or teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 heaped teaspoon quality cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon manuka honey
- 1 orange
- 3 serves Shroom to Improve Tremella medicinal mushroom
- Blitz 40g of the pumpkin seeds into a fine dust in a food processor, then decant onto a plate. Place the remaining pumpkin seeds and the puffed rice or quinoa in the processor with the almonds and dates (destone first), then blitz until finely chopped. Peel and finely grate in the turmeric, if using fresh, or add the ground turmeric, along with the cinnamon, cocoa powder, 3 serves of Shroom to Improve Tremella mushrooms, and a pinch of sea salt.
- Blitz again until finely ground, then add the vanilla, honey, and half the orange juice. Blitz for another 1 to 2 minutes, stopping to scrape down the sides a couple of times, and adding an extra squeeze of orange juice to bind, only if needed – it takes a while for the mixture to come together, so be patient and let the processor work its magic.
- With wet hands, divide into 24 and roll into balls, dropping them into the pumpkin seed dust as you go. Shake to coat, storing them in the excess dust until needed. They’ll keep happily for up to 2 weeks in an airtight container.